Saturday, May 10, 2008

Early Mother's Day

Wow...where do I start? I've always bought my mom a gift, or at least a card on Mother's Day since I was a little kid. Even though the day never went without a "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment, I never knew the true meaning of Mother's day until I had my own children. To me, every day is Mother's Day, because that's what I am...every day- a mother. I have been blessed beyond measure with many great examples of godly mothers. My own mother is the epitome of a great mom. Her sacrifice for us through the years could never be measured in dollars and cents. Her love and dedication to her children and grandchildren are priceless. I can only hope that I can be as good of a mom to my children as she has been to me. I love you Mom, and Happy Mother's Day!!
I couldn't let this day go by without acknowledging the other mothers in my life. I have been truly blessed with a mother-in-law that has welcomed me into the family as if I were her daughter. She is one of the most generous people that I know. Most importantly, I am indebted to her for giving birth to and raising the love of my life and my best friend. I love you Genie, and thanks for everything you do for us!!
I was blessed with two of the most loving and giving grandmothers possible. My MaMa Melton has been gone for almost 10 years now and I can't help but think sometimes about how proud she would have been of my children. I know she would have taken just as much pride in them as she did in me. I miss her and think of her often.
And then there's MaMa Courington. Although still with us, she is now quite different from the mama that I knew as a child. She is unable to go and do like she once did. I don't know how many hours I spent at her house as a child, but all of them were filled with love. From cooking, to puppet shows, to taking a drive in the country, it was always fun. And she always wanted to do whatever made us happy. Isn't that what grandmothers are for?
I have been blessed beyond measure by the "mothers" in my life. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Granna said...

Okay...enough of these blogs that make me cry.
I love you and I am proud of what a great mother you are to your children. It is not easy, but the dividends are priceless.
You are my heart-
Mom

Crystal said...

Happy Mothers Day to you

Katie said...

You are a GREAT mom! Happy Mother's Day.