Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lovely Weekend


I had a lovely weekend! First of all, I know I didn't post any Halloween pictures, but you can see one of Paul and the kids on Paul's Blog.
Friday, Rachel hosted "girls night in" at her house. We ate taco soup (way too much of it) and sat and talked for hours. It was nice. I managed to go without either of the kids. Addi went to the Pleasant Grove football game and Paul kept Levi.
Saturday, Rachel, Emily, Pam, Katie, Hannah, Addi and I went to Christmas Village at the BJCC. It's an arts and crafts show and it's huge! We walked for about 6 hours! My legs were aching at the end of the day! Addi was excited because she got to see Santa. She only asked for two things- a time-out chair and a guitar. Santa kinda chuckled on the time-out chair and asked her if she would use it a lot to which she replied "yes!" Paul's theory is that she thinks if she gets a time-out chair (which she saw in the ABC catalog) she won't get any more spankings! (Which she hardly ever gets anyway) The picture above is from Christmas Village. I haven't been able to scan the one of her and Santa, but hopefully will later. I did get several Christmas presents bought today so that was good!
When I got home last night I realized Levi was running a fever of about 102.6. I'm afraid he may have a sinus infection or ear infection. He keeps grabbing his face and one of his ears. We'll probably go visit Dr. Smith tomorrow. His fever seems to have broken so it may have just been a virus. We'll see how he's feeling in the morning.
We started a gospel meeting this morning at church. Paul stayed with Levi since I teach cradle roll and his class was meeting in the auditorium anyway.
This afternoon Addi and I went to Disney on Ice. Grammy and PaPa bought our tickets for Addi's birthday! Thanks, Grammy and PaPa! We got our tickets with our friends Emily, Pam, and Xander (who Addi says is her very best friend). Addi had a blast, but covered her eyes at the "scary parts" like pinnochio being swallowed by a HUGE whale, the sharks in Nemo, the beast, and the fighting in Mulan. The picture below (although you can't even tell where we are) is from Disney on Ice today.

Since Christmas Village, I'm starting to get in the holiday spirit!!! We are really looking forward to spending some time with Paul's family in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving and then we'll be spending the Christmas holidays in sweet home Alabama!
Hope you all have a great week!! (if anyone's even reading this)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I hope Levi is feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

Yes, someone (Cousin Lisa) is reading this. : ) Happy belated birthday! I hope that you had a good birthday. I enjoyed our mutual birthday (10/28) in Disney World. It was fun. They gave me a "Happy Birthday" button and wrote my name on it. When employees saw it, they would wish me a "Happy Birthday". For those of you who don't know, Kim was born on my 15th birthday. I thought (and still do) that was the coolest thing. Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely weekend but I am exhausted! I wish you had let me take your pictures with the lolly pops...that would have been too cute!