Monday, December 17, 2007

"God Is So Good"

That's the song that Levi "led" at singing night last night. I couldn't help but to sit and think that the song really rings true. I am so blessed and God has been so good to me. I couldn't help but feel a little guilty for the "Saturday Night Anxiety" that I've diagnosed myself with. It seems like every Saturday night I cannot go to sleep. It's been past 2 a.m. getting to sleep every Saturday night for several months now, but I go straight to sleep every other night of the week. I've decided it must have to do with the anxiety of taking Levi to church on Sundays. I seem to lay there thinking of everything that could go wrong the next day, along with what everyone is going to wear and how we're going to get everyone dressed and ready! When Levi got up to lead his song with that mischievous little smile on his face, I couldn't help but think that my anxieties are ridiculous. I have been blessed with such a vibrant, healthy, smart, and loving little boy. It's easy sometimes to focus on how challenging he can be, what everyone else thinks about him (and our raising of him), and to miss all the good qualities that he has! He is such a joy to me and I really can't imagine life without him. My aim is to focus on the blessings God has given me as we head into 2008. I have been so blessed in so many ways, too many to count.
On the subject of Levi, he's sleeping in his big boy bed tonight for the first time!!! He's had a twin bed in his room for a while now, but I haven't even thought of putting him there because he has done so well in his crib. Tonight, as we were getting him ready for bed he was laying on the twin bed. I asked him if he wanted to sleep there and he got this HUGE grin on his face and said "YES- Just give me my blanket!!!" He went straight to sleep and has been in there for about 3 hours! I don't know what he'll do when he gets up in the morning, but I guess we'll see! Good night everyone!

3 comments:

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

When he was up there singing his song he was so cute. I was thinking this is the wasy to start out teaching them how to do thing's in front of people. He is so cute some day you will look back on all of this when he is grow up. One day he will be a young man. He has two great parent's that love him much.

Mandi said...

He is such a sweet little boy! I love you all of you AND LEVI! You have done an outstanding job of raising him! He brings such joy to my life even when I don't see him for a couple of weeks as do Addi, Lila, and Hannah.

~Aunt Mandi

Granna said...

One day when Levi is all grown, these trials will be a distant memory. We are indeed so blessed to have these wonderful children. Levi just makes my day and he is my boy! I know he is a challenge, but how sad it would be if he did not have all of that little boy energy. You are a great mom and I am proud of you and Paul.