Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, today is the day. The day I leave my twenties behind and start a new decade of my life. I really don't feel any older than I did yesterday! Today has been one of those days that has been a roller coaster of good and bad emotions. I was in the car and the song "Blessed" by Martina McBride came on and it almost made me cry (which I never cry at songs). I just got to thinking of how blessed I really am. There's no way I could count my blessings or think to mention them all here. I just want my family and friends to know what blessings they are to me.
Daniel took me to eat lunch at Shanghai (my choice) today. It was good. Levi behaved pretty well (at least until Daniel got him all riled up) so it was enjoyable. Thanks, Daniel!

Rachel called early this morning to let me know that her grandfather had passed very early this morning, a little after 1 a.m. Please remember her and her family in your prayers. Rachel is like the sister I never had and I hurt when she hurts.

Mary made it through her biopsy this morning and we should know something later this afternoon. I am so worried for her that I can hardly imagine any kind of celebration today. I want more than anything in this world for her to be okay. Please, please, please continue to pray for her. I know that whatever her results may be that Mary can and will overcome this. I just want this to be a small hurdle and not another large one for her to have to jump.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to us! To my birthday baby, born on my 15th birthday...back then you had to be like 21 or something to go see a baby in the hospital, so I couldn't come see you in the hospital....but oh I wanted too! I was at a Halloween carnival when I got the word that you had been born. I think that I told everyone in the building. I was so excited! I am so proud that you have grown up to become a wonderful person! Happy Birthday! Love, Lisa

Crystal said...

I hope you have a great birthday and that Mary receives good news. I know that will be the best gift. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I am praying for Mary. I am hoping and praying for good news.

Emily said...

Happy birthday Kim! I am praying that everything is fine with Mary!

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Happy Birthday I know I am a little late but it is better late the never I have always heard. I hope and pray that everything goes well for Mary. I talk with her on the phone on Thursday and she was laughing right along with me. Mary Mary is a sweetheart and I think the world of her.