Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mary

Okay, first let me say, I know Mary may kill me for posting this picture, but I'm posting it anyway. I think I could outrun her at this point, considering she just had major surgery and still has 70 staples! :)
I haven't posted much about Mary's transplant and all that has happened since. Partially because I've been so busy and partially because I get so emotional about it. I chose this picture because Mary certainly has been ferocious like a tiger!! She is such an amazing person and I love her so much. She has been a "poster child" for transplant patients. She was off her ventilator within 3 hours of surgery and home less than 6 days later!!! She is still in pain, but her itching is GONE!! I'm so happy for her. The doctors are still playing with her medicine, trying to get the right dose for her. This could take a while, but is all normal. She is not going to rest like she's supposed to. I called Thursday to check on her and she was visiting her neighbor! Come on, Mary!! Take it easy!! I took them supper last night and then she proceeds to try to wash the dishes with me standing right there. Needless to say, I stopped her! I'm not by any means implying that this ordeal has been easy. It certainly has not, but Mary has been a real trooper!!
Mary still needs prayers that she stays free of illness and infection. Don't stop praying for her.
Mary, you are such and amazing woman and I love you!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I am so glad to hear such good news about her.I love the picture. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad and so happy to hear how well Mary is doing. I am definitely keeping her in my prayers. All of you are in my prayers.

I am so happy for all of you. God is so good.

I love the picture! :)

Kim said...

She is blessed to have a great person in her life like you to help support her. I know this has been rough but like you said she is really tough and doing great! I am proud of her and I hope she will continue to get better and better. The picture is funny and she shouldn't get upset...my husband was a whoopie cushion :) and he is getting posted a.s.a.p. lol