Thursday, February 15, 2007

Peanut Butter= "Stomach Virus"????

For those of you that haven't heard (you must be hiding in a cave), Peter Pan peanut butter has had a recall. Apparently some batches of their peanut butter contain salmonella. Well, about 3 weeks ago, I had a bad "stomach virus". I diagnosed myself. Now as I look back I'm wondering if it wasn't the peanut butter toast that I ate. I checked my jar of peanut butter and its code starts with 2111 which is the number included in the recall! The fact that I was sick to my stomach (I'll spare you the details) for over a week makes me wonder. I suppose since I'm not sick anymore that I'm okay...and I guess I'll never know. Let's just say I'm not craving a peanut butter sandwich tonight!

6 comments:

Granna said...

OOH- I bet you are right. The paper says to save the lid for a refund- wonder if they would compensate you for toilet paper? I am glad the kids are not PB lovers.

Anonymous said...

My boss was sick some weeks ago with a stomach thing. She too found the bad peanut butter in her kitchen cabinet last night. She just put it all together when she checked the codes. Cousin Lisa

Katie said...

I had the Great Value with the 2111 lid. I ate a little bit and didn't get sick, but I am still throwing it away. It does make sense that you were the only one to get a stomach-bug!

Anonymous said...

jif is good

Kim said...

I recommend JIF too !

Emily said...

My parents also had the GV brand with 2111 and my dad ate over half the jar and didn't get sick! lol You just never know!