Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September 2, 2008

Hi Everybody! Not a whole lot is going on in the Kelsey household. We went to Parrish yesterday to clean out MaMa and PaPa's house. It is under contract and the closing is supposed to be sometime this month. We worked all day and got the dining room set moved to my house! Thanks, Mom and Dad! Because of Medicaid, etc......Mom and Dad bought it for me for my birthday that's coming up in October. As I mentioned before, I'll be the big 3-0. Ick.
The new dining room suite looks good in my dining room. I still have to get everything squared away and put where it goes, but I think I'm going to be very happy with it. It's not the most beautiful set you've ever seen, but it reminds me of the many family dinners we all had together at my grandparents. It was kind of sad having to go through all the stuff in their house, but it's just a reminder that stuff is JUST stuff! You can't take it with you and you might not even get to keep it while you're alive.

I joined the gym. I met Jazz there this morning at 5 a.m.!!! We both decided we would have to meet each other there at night because this early bird stuff is NOT for us! You'll notice I put a new weight loss ticker on my sidebar. No, I'm not delusional in thinking I only have 30 pounds to lose, but I'm starting with attainable goals and I'll work my way up (or down?)! After working out this morning and all the moving of furniture that took place yesterday, I may not be able to move tomorrow!

Thought for the day: Cherish the moments and forget the stuff.
Have a good one!

Photobucket

5 comments:

The McDowells said...

Post a picture of the new dining set!

Crystal said...

Good for you! Having a gym buddy always helps you stay dedicated.

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! I wish I was motivated enough to go to the gym!

Rachel said...

I am kind of glad you are going at night. We can meet up some. I KNOW I won't make it at 5am. Maybe now you will do kickboxing? Pam needs a partner this week cause' I'm bailing on her.

Rachel said...

Oh yeah, and we need to have a "family" dinner on the new dining room table soon!