Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know it's not November. I was just sitting here (almost midnight and Addi is still up because she took a nap at 8 p.m.) thinking about how lucky I am. I want to thank my loyal blog readers for all their support. I am so blessed to have the most understanding, helpful, hardworking husband that I know. I have two beautiful, healthy children. I am blessed to be able to spend my time taking care of them and not leaving them with strangers all day.
I have parents that have always been there for me, no matter what. They have been the best examples, although I haven't always followed the great example that they set- they love me anyway. I also have a wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law who treat me like one of their own. Who could ask for more?
I have Rachel, a friend found later in my FHU days, but a best friend that will last a lifetime. Always just a phone call, e-mail, or text message away.
I have two wonderful brothers who are now joined by two wonderful sister-in-laws. I have two sisters-in-law, two brothers-in-law, a niece and a nephew on Paul's side that although we don't see them much, they're always just an e-mail away and also an encouragement to me. (As an added note, we found out today that we are getting a new nephew- congratulations "Oklahoma Katie"!)
I also have Jasmine and Alex (who I feel like are just as close as brother and sister), not to mention Billy and Mary and everything they mean to us.
Last but not least I am still lucky to have two of my grandparents. I guess that's part of what got me to thinking about all of this. Because of the evil disease of Alzheimer's and our constant reminder of it, it just helps me to remember that you should always tell people how much they mean to you while you still have a chance. Life is short so don't let those that mean so much to you go without knowing how you feel about them.
Although I can't name everyone, I guess what I'm saying is that I feel very blessed to be surrounded by people who love me for me and you just shouldn't wait for special occasions to tell people how much they mean to you. SO- even if your name isn't here, if you're reading this, you are probably one of those special people in my life and I love you.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

You help keep me grounded even when I am about to fly off the handle so thanks for that. I have heard a saying that is something like "Your friends are the ones who you can be yourself around and they still love you." Well, it is something like that...but I know that is true because not everyone could have put up with me as long as you have (and let me live in their house!) I love you!!!!

Granna said...

My goodness- I am crying! I could not have asked to have a better daughter. I love you dearly-
Mom

Emily said...

Wow Kim, that was very touching and sentimental! I am glad that we are friends!

Anonymous said...

Kim, we're very thankful to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law! You're a great wife and mom. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay you made everyone cry and you know the pregnant lady will be the first to break down ;) I am also very lucky to have such a
great sister-in-law!

P.S. Thanks for keeping Rachel grounded - she would be out of control without you! :0) Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Well put! Glad to know that I wasn't the only one that teared up. Love, Cousin Lisa