Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What a day!

Well, today did not turn out as I had planned. I went over at about 10 this morning to help mom and dad paint their living room. We painted their bedroom yesterday. After we had been painting for a couple of hours, the phone rang. It was Paul saying that Levi had cut his lip. Mom talked to him and told him I was on my way.
When I got home, Levi wasn't bleeding anymore, but Paul was covered in blood. Levi had tripped over Paul's foot and hit the sharp corner on our end table. It looked pretty bad, so I said we probably should call his doctor. They said they don't do stitches in their office so just to take him to the emergency room. Levi had quit bleeding so I thought we had probably wasted a trip to the er. But while we were waiting, he started bleeding again, pretty badly. When we got to see the doctor, the doctor pulled Levi's lip back and blood starting gushing everywhere. He had torn his gums from his lip!!! Poor baby. I felt so bad for him. They had to sedate him and it took 8 stitches to get it all put back together. He has 2 stitches on his outside lip and 6 stitches inside his mouth. There were actually 3 lacerations inside his mouth along with the busted lip. He was very lucky that the collision had missed his teeth by a narrow margin!
Considering everything, he seems to be in pretty good spirits now. Please pray that his recovery will be speedy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Levi! I will definitely pray for his recovery! Since he is a happy, on-the-go boy, he will probably have more trips to the ER, for minor bumps, of course.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim! Brad has called me with one of those messages before! It makes a mommy feel so helpless! I hope he heals up quick! Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie said...

I hope Levi is feeling better! Give him a kiss for me. I had stitches in my lip before so I can sympathize with him. Have a good Saturday.