Sunday, May 13, 2007

Best Mother's Day Ever

Today was probably one of the best Mother's Days ever. Paul and the kids got me a flash drive on which Paul organized ALL of our digital photos. It has really been nice to be able to look at all the old pictures of the kids! Wow, they've grown!!! And Levi's face has shrunk! I didn't realize (or remember) how chunky he used to be.
Paul and the kids all got me cards too. Addi even wrote "Mommy" in her best handwriting on her envelope! Then I was surprised to wake up this morning to the smell of sausage cooking! Paul fixed me a sausage biscuit for breakfast and went and got me a cold caffeine-free Dr. Pepper (my favorite these days!). I have been so blessed by my family in so many ways! Today was just great!
After church this morning we went to Habaneros for lunch and it was delicious. Then we went by the nursing home to visit PaPa. That was the worst part of the day. It's gotten to where it's hard to even get him to wake up for a visit. He did smile when he saw Addi though. The hardest part is when Addi looks at me and says, "But PaPa used to could say my name."
After the nursing home Addi and I went back to my mom and dad's where we lazed around the rest of the day. I spent half the afternoon just laying on the bed talking to my mom....what a great Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am glad that you had such a great Mother's Day! You deserve it for being such a great mommy.