Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I probably won't get another chance to post before Mother's Day, so I'm sending my well wishes early.
First of all, Happy Mother's Day to my mom. I feel so blessed to have a mom that I can always count on and always have. Even though we live a whole 8 minutes away, I still feel the need to call my mom almost every day. It just doesn't feel right not to touch base, even if just for a moment. (Pregnant women really shouldn't do emotionals posts because I'm making myself cry already). I could sit here and type all day and never be able to tell just how great my mom is. I know that she is partially that way because she learned from a great mom, her own mother, my MaMa Melton. Even though she has been gone from this earth for almost 9 years now, she still holds a huge part of my heart. I think of her often and how proud she would have been of my own children. MaMa didn't have a huge amount of earthly goods, but she always made sure we were taken care of. Not that mom and dad didn't take care of us, but she always liked to take care of the "extras" like clothes, pictures, spending money, and anything else that she thought we might like. I still think of her often and even more so since Addi was born because I can see her in my mom so much...with all the extras! Anyway, I'm going to stop now before I get too upset. I just want to say I love you, mom! And I hope that one day I'll be just as great a mom of three as you and MaMa were!
I would be amiss if I didn't also mention my mother-in-law. I have been blessed with so many examples of Godly mothers. Genie is such a great mother-in-law and I thank God that she raised such a wonderful husband and father in Paul. My life would be so much different if Genie had made other choices in her life. Thanks Genie, for Paul, and for making me feel like part of your family.
To all you mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

1 comment:

Granna said...

I feel honored. You made tears roll down my cheeks. I did have a wonderful mother, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her. I would love to have been able to share your children with her- she would have just gone overboard with them, I know. I am so proud of the mother that you have become. I know it is not easy- but you are shaping those babies into wonderful "people" and one day they will write things about you that will make you cry!