Thursday, May 24, 2007

One Proud Mommy!!!

Addi's team played their last game tonight. :0( I'm really going to miss it! Since it was the last game, they didn't really keep score because it didn't matter who won. They had a blast and Addi hit every time at bat again!!

After the game, they had closing ceremonies. All the kids got a "participation" trophy and Addi was as happy as she could be. Then the announcer said they had one special award called "The Most Outstanding Player." He said it wasn't necessarily who was the best player, but also someone with a good attitude and someone who did what was asked and loved to play. I had already put my camera up when he said, "And this award goes to---- ADDI KELSEY!" What??? I was so excited for her!! I had tears of pride in my eyes. There was only one award like this given for the whole league!!! No, she didn't make all-stars or have the best batting average, but I guarantee noone had more fun this year than Addi!

Here's a picture of Addi with Coach Jan. The medal she has on is the one she got for Most Outstanding Player in the Sweetees league!!!

Below is a video of Addi's favorite part of all the games- the Sweetees Cheer! Notice a couple of things: 1- Addi throws her glove before anyone else and 2- she's the last one to find her glove at the end!

We're so proud of Addi for how well she did this year! I can only imagine the possibilities for her as she gets older! Also, thanks to Addi's huge fan club! It meant a lot to all of us to always have a lot of people there to watch her!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Yay Addi!!!! I hate we missed it but Hannah is STILL sick. I am so happy for Addi! I am sure it made her week.

Granna said...

I am still grinning!

Rachel said...

Way to go Addi! Good Job!

Kim said...

That has me so tickled... I have tears in my eyes lol

GOOD JOB ADDIE!!!!

Paul said...

Way to go Addi! I'm so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

CUTE

Crystal said...

Congratulations to Addi! I know you are proud!! :o)