Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving just a mere 2 days away, it brings to mind a song that we've sung thousands of times- Count Your Blessings. Although I can't name all my blessings "one by one" because there are too many, I would like to mention a few things that I am especially thankful for this year.
  • I am truly thankful for my family. I have a loving husband and three healthy children. I am especially thankful this year for our dear Lila. She is the sweetest baby a mother could ever hope for. Just looking at her reminds me of how blessed my life is. Also, I'm thankful for my parents. They have always been there for me with love and encouraging words. I'm also thankful for my in-laws. They have always welcomed me as if I have always been a part of their family. For that, I am truly thankful. I am especially thankful on that note because they are spending Thanksgiving with us this year! They haven't been to Alabama since Levi was born, so this is truly a special Thanksgiving!
  • I'm also thankful for my brothers and their wives. (I know this is still included in family, but my bullet was getting too long!). Although Josh and Daniel were quite annoying at times growing up, I now know what a true blessing they are. I'm also thankful that they both have Christian wives who love them. And I'm thankful for Hannah.
  • I'm thankful for my friends. I don't know how people go through life without true friends. I am especially thankful for the other 4 members of the "fabulous five" as I have named us (Rachel, Katie, Pam, and Emily)....I love you guys!!
  • This list is already getting overwhelming....I've started this list which could go on forever and I know I'm going to leave someone out!
  • I'm also thankful for all my extended family....you know who you are!
  • I'm also thankful for my material blessings. My warm bed and a home that I love.
  • I'm thankful for the memories of Thanksgivings past. Even though I still physically have two of my grandparents, the grandparents of my childhood no longer exist. MaMa and PaPa Courington need your prayers. But I'm still thankful for all the happy memories I have of them.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and family. Remember to count your blessings........we are all so blessed.

No comments: