Monday, June 25, 2007

Updates on Camp, Ultrasounds, Heartburn, and Rachel

Well, ONCE AGAIN, I'm way overdue for an update! Thanks to Paul for posting the slideshow pictures from camp!
We had a GREAT week at ICYC!! I could have stayed a little longer! Addi stayed in a cabin every night with the 7 and 8 year olds!!! I barely saw her except when I went up to help her shower and get dressed! I'm so proud of her! She visited the nurse very little for some minor bumps and scrapes. She did have a tick on the back of her ear, which we got to before it had completely attached itself! For those of you wondering about Levi's picture visiting the nurse, and her looking up his nose with a flashlight- he found a piece of playdough in the craft area and shoved it right up his nose!!! Luckily it came out on it's on before nurse Amy had to spray it with saline to get it out!!! What a BOY!!!
Speaking of boys, we go for our 2nd ultrasound in the morning at 8:30! We're hoping to get a good look at this baby so we know for sure what he or she is!!! The pregnancy is going well and I'm sure I gained a TON of weight at camp (thanks to our marvelous cooks!). The only complaint I have is some pretty annoying heartburn! I'll update tomorrow on my 24 week visit! Can't believe we're that far along!!
My best friend Rachel went to Kentucky this weekend for a family wedding. 10 minutes into the wedding Rachel had to leave because she was hurting and nauseated. Her mom took her to the ER right after the ceremony was over and they found out she had gallstones and pancreatitis! She had her gallbladder removed today (they had to wait 72 hours because of her pancreas). Her mom called just a few minutes ago to let me know everything went okay. I'm ready for her to get home, even though it will be Saturday before she gets back to Alabama. Please pray that her recovery will be speedy so she can go to Hawaii next week as planned!
Well, I guess that's all for now! Everyone check back tomorrow for baby #3 gender update!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Old lady support hose are a small price to pay to get to go to Hawaii! I am so relieved she is ok! Can't wait to hear tomorrow what Baby Kelsey number 3 is!!

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

Kim I am so excited to find out if Bayley will have a lil Lila to play with! Poor Rachel. Im glad to hear she did good. Make sure you call me and let me know what you find out tomorrow!!!!

Rachel said...

Thank you for checking on me. I wish it had been closer. You could have come and visited me and calmed me down that day or two before surgery when I was a nervous wreck! I love you!