Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My 20 Favorite Childhood Memories

Mom started this tag, so here goes:

20. Josh hooking me in the chin with a fish hook while fishing with Dad. I'm sure I was the biggest thing he's ever had on his line! I'll admit that it wasn't pleasant at the time, but it's funny looking back at it!!

19. Spending one week every summer at ICYC! I would still live there if I could!

18. My dad dressing up like Santa Claus and visiting Mulga Elementary School every year! I can remember some kids saying, "Oh, that's just Kim's dad." and that made me proud!

17. Going to Lane Bryant with MaMa Melton and Mom. MaMa would sit and let us try on clothes and then she would pay for it all. I can remember them calling in our sale a few times to the corporate office!

16. PaPa Courington would come by our house every day after work. I loved the days when he would take me home with him to spend the night in Parrish. Sometimes we would see this horse (or pony?) on the side of a hill and that was always exciting!

15. Making tea cakes with MaMa Courington.

14. As Addi calls them now, "Fun Days" with Uncle Billy!

13. Billy taking Pam and I to the New Kids on the Block concert and sitting on the very back row of the BJCC. By the end of the concert we were close enough that Billy caught a sweaty towel thrown into the crowd. Pam and I cut it into two pieces and each kept half. We thought we were cool.

12. Daniel crawling into bed with me at night because mom and dad wouldn't allow him to get in their bed! I never had the heart to tell him no. I guess that hasn't changed much. It's still hard for me to tell Addi no!

11. Winter blizzard 1993!

10. Family vacations to Gatlinburg.

9. My mom would get up early and fix my lunch for school every day. I had the BEST lunches....ranging from chicken nuggets to something else hot in a thermos. Most kids just had a sandwich.

8. In elementary school, my mom was the "room mom." That was cool. Dad was the PTA president. That was cool too.

7. Spending Sunday afternoons at Robin and Sally's.

6. School shopping every year in August!

5. The Courington Annual Christmas "Open House." That's still my favorite Christmas party of the year.

4. Going to the hospital to see Jasmine and Alex when they were born. I don't remember when Daniel and Josh were born.

3. Going "drivin" when I spent the night with MaMa and PaPa.

2. Lisa always calling me her "birthday baby."

1. Going fishin' with Dad, MaMa, Josh, and sometimes Daniel. MaMa would pack tons of food to eat. Josh liked to fish, and I liked to eat. That might be a little insight into our present weights!!!

I'm sure I've forgotten something that I will think of as soon as I post this. I can certainly say that all of my favorite memories involve spending time with my family. I was (and am still) blessed with the best family a girl could ask for!!!

2 comments:

The McDowells said...

I went to a NKOTB concert too when I was growing up. I wasn't close enough to get a sweaty towel though. I do remember that one of the guys wasn't performing becuase someone threw a stuffed animal at him at the previous concert.

David Courington said...

Thanks for the memories. They are great to remember. I love you.
Dad