Saturday, October 27, 2007

My not so good news....

Well, most of you probably already know (word travels fast in the Sylvan Springs circle), I have a MRSA staph infection. They called from Dr. Woods office yesterday to tell me. I feel like I have the modern day plague, although several family and friends came by yesterday to see me, so that made me feel better. It probably reassured them that they could smell Lysol from outside! The doctor's office reassured us that chance of spreading this is minimal as long as there is no skin to skin contact. And since it's not in an area that's exposed we should be pretty safe. We've been super careful about handwashing even before we found out about this. Now we're washing with soap and water and using hand sanitizer. My hands are already dried out from all the alcohol!
It's a bit discouraging when things don't go quite as planned. I figured I would be doing my normal routine and feeling well by now.
We hope that this infection will be quickly treated with an antibiotic that I started yesterday. The bad news is that I can no longer nurse my baby girl. I'm sure she won't be bothered by that, as Enfamil Lipil seems to agree well with her!
Just keep us in your prayers over the next few days/weeks that this will clear up easily.
In much BETTER news, I've gotten several GREAT birthday presents already! My in-laws sent me money, my parents gave me money too, to buy a new pair of shoes (which hopefully I'll feel like shopping for next week sometime), my hubby's grandparents sent me a giftcard to Starbucks (at least I can drink the caffeine now! I wish there was a Starbucks on this side of town), and Rachel and Ben bought me a new outfit! Yippee!
Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Aw Kim, Bless you! Hope you heal up really fast!

The McDowells said...

Sorry about your infection. I know the first few weeks at home with the baby are hard enough, I couldn't imagine having an infection on top of it. Get as much rest as you can and have a good birthday!

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Happy Birthday Kim I hope you get to feeling better soon.