Sunday, October 07, 2007

Taking a Stand

As of today, Addi is NOT walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It has been brought to our attention that SGK has donated thousands and thousands of dollars to Planned Parenthood, America's biggest pro-abortion organization. I know Addi was excited about the walk, but we have to take a stand against murder in America. It makes me sick to my stomach that I didn't research this before asking all of you to make donations. For that, I am sorry. I am terribly sorry to those of you who made donations in Addi's name for this unworthy cause. I'm sure the foundation does good work in the area of breast cancer research, but we can't support a cause that goes so vividly against our moral standards. If you want to read more about it, you can Google "Susan G. Komen" and "Planned Parenthood" together and you'll get tons of articles. Or you can go here: http://www.focalpointusa.org/shamelessliberalscam.html

8 comments:

Paul said...

Outstanding post.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I would have never dreamed that something like this was going on. I fell so bad because I gave some for the race at least I will know for the next time. Well good luck on Friday having that little girl. I can not wait to see her. I am having a one day surgery Friday. well take care and May God Bless you.

David Courington said...

That is indeed sad. Even the United Way funds a lot of causes like Planned Parenthood. In their case, you can often direct specifically how the funds will be spent. I wonder if it is the same with this fund?

Granna said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I learned a long time ago to designate my United Way contributions. It is sad that such a great cause has to be overshadowed by their decision to support an organization that is well-known for their position on abortion as a form of birth control.
Sad.

Daniel Courington said...

Subway is supporting the race--- should we boycott Subway?

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I'm glad that some people still have convictions!

Anonymous said...

thanx for sharing, i had no idea, i will not be walking this year either!

Jen said...

Way to stand your ground. I cound not agree with your decision more!