Wednesday, July 11, 2007

100 Things About Kim

I've read a few blogs lately with "100 things about..." so I thought I'd give it a try. Most of these things most of you probably know, but maybe some you don't. Hope you enjoy!

1. I love being a stay-at-home mom. It's the dream job I've wanted since I was a little girl.

2. I met my husband, Paul, on the internet when I was 17. We married when I was 19. He's my soul-mate and the love of my life.

3. I'm a preacher's kid. My dad has been the minister at the same congregation since before I was born!

4. I hope I can be as good a mom to my kids as my mom is to me and my brothers.

5. I love my brother, Daniel, but I wish he lived closer.

6. I love my brother, Josh, and I'm glad he lives close by. He's always there to lend a helping hand when I need one.

7. I'm only on number 7 and I'm already almost in tears!

8. My little boy Levi is a challenge. I love him more than words can tell and I pray every day that he will settle down a little bit. It's frustrating not to be able to take him in public. I want people at church to want to see Levi enter the building.

9. When my daughter Addi was born, I had developed a life threatening and rare disease, Acute Fatty Liver Disease of Pregnancy. It was quite traumatic and I don't think I'll ever be the same.

10. Because of number 9, I have the most beautiful daughter in the world. She is a joy and a light in our house.

11. Despite number 9, I still love being pregnant. I love feeling my little one move around inside me.

12. I pray Lila will be an easy-going baby. I hope we haven't bit off more than we can chew!

13. I have great in-laws. I wish they visited here more.

14. I love pizza.

15. I worry too much about what other people think of me and my family.

16. I hate Alzheimer's disease. I hate going to the nursing home to visit my PaPa, but I go anyway.

17. I love it when Levi jumps up on me and gives me a huge hug while patting me on the back.

18. I would love to go on a family vacation, but we just can't afford the time and money right now.

19. Paul scares me sometimes when he drives.

20. I'm not a very good housekeeper, but I'm working on it. After we get all the moving around done, I vow to do a better job!

21. I miss going to Weight Watchers since I'm pregnant. It was therapeutic.

22. I love to cook, but I hate to clean up the kitchen when I'm done.

23. It bothers me that sometimes I cook a complete meal and the kids want to eat something else.

24. I love all of my nieces and nephews. I wish we saw Macy, Charlie, and Andrew more.

25. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving this year even more than usual because the Kelseys will be here to see baby Lila.

26. I love Indian Creek Youth Camp. It's my favorite place on earth to be.

27. It warms my heart to know Addi loves camp like I do.

28. I met my best friend Rachel at FHU. I fear that she will move away and I won't see her as much. I feel like she's a sister to me.

29. I would love to have a front porch on my house where we could put some rockers.

30. I love traveling, but we don't get to do it much anymore.

31. I love the fact that Addi's hair is so unique that people stop her everywhere we go to comment on it.

32. Paul is much more patient with me than I am with him. I need to work on that.

33. I love to stay up late and sleep late. I get that from my MaMa Melton.

34. I miss my MaMa Melton.

35. And I miss my MaMa and PaPa Courington like they used to be.

36. I never knew my mom's father, but I wish I did.

37. I wanted a third child in our family because I couldn't imagine what my family would have been like without Daniel.

38. I don't mind changing my own children's dirty diapers (or Hannah's), but I don't like changing anyone else's kids' diapers.

39. I pray daily that my children will marry Christian spouses.

40. It took us 18 months to get pregnant with Addi. With Levi and Lila it only took us one month or less after we decided to try again.

41. I'm proud we were able to buy a van in January and pay cash for it, but I don't like it now. It's been in the shop a lot for little things and I don't trust it.

42. I don't know what I would do without Paul. I depend on him more than it might seem.

43. I love the color blue.

44. I love St. Vincent's Hospital, but I think it's stupid that they won't tie tubes there because it's a Catholic hospital.

45. I hope to do a better job breastfeeding Lila than I did with Addi and Levi.

46. I had my gallbladder removed when Addi was 5 weeks old.

47. I have an unusually low blood pressure for a large person.

48. I want to lose a good bit of weight so I can ride the roller coasters at Six Flags next summer.

49. I love chocolate. That's why I can fit in the rides at Six Flags.

50. I don't like beans or peas. The only exception to that is vanilla beans, cocoa beans, and coffee beans.

51. I love Starbucks but I rarely drink it because it's so expensive.

52. I like to read lots of blogs, even those of people I don't know at all or only know through someone else. I guess I'm nosey.

53. I think my own children are more beautiful than any other children in the world (but who doesn't?).

54. I like the fact that Addi and Levi look like my side of the family. I kind of hope Lila looks like a Kelsey.

55. Paul and I organize the Lads to Leaders program at our congregation. It's frustrating at times, but worth it.

56. I miss my time at Freed-Hardeman University- my second favorite place on earth.

57. I was a member of Tri-Zeta when I was at FHU. Those were some of the best times of my life. I was Women's Vice President and am proud to say that both of my brothers served as Prezzzident.

58. I hate cigarette smoke, even second-hand.

59. I've never smoked or drank alcohol.

60. I don't read my Bible like I should.

61. I love to read novels, but haven't read anything in over a year. I just don't have uninterrupted time to do so.

62. We haven't had cable in 5 years, but we just ordered Dish Network with DVR and I'm VERY excited!!!

63. I'm proud of how hard Paul works to provide for our family and provide a way for me to stay at home with the kids.

64. I always did well in school. I miss school sometimes and dream of going back for my Masters one day.

65. I was baptized when I was only 8 years old, but I knew what I was doing.

66. I wish I was more open in teaching others about Christ.

67. I feel bad for my parents since my grandmother moved in with them. It's been a big adjustment.

68. I miss my friend Clay. Since he took a job at Sixth Ave. Church of Christ, I rarely get to see him. I used to feel like he was like a brother, but we've grown apart. That makes me sad.

69. I skipped my 10 year high school reunion and I'm glad I did.

70. I wish I were more creative. I would love to scrapbook for the kids, but I just don't have the gift.

71. I have terrible vericose veins in my legs and I don't like to wear skirts because of it any more. If I ever lose a lot of weight, I'll get those veins fixed.

72. I love to wear flip-flops.

73. I love to hear Levi sing. It's definitely music to my ears.

74. Paul and I haven't had a real date in a while. I hate to ask anyone to keep Levi because he's such a rounder.

75. I don't want singing at my funeral. I just want my ashes scattered at the camp somewhere.

76. I love to sing.

77. I'm addicted to One Life to Live and General Hospital.

78. I love reality television, especially Big Brother, Survivor, and the Bachelor.

79. I watch too much tv.

80. I wish Levi would sit down long enough for me to read him an entire book.

81. I love to go to Wal-Mart and Target. I love to find a good deal.

82. I'm sitting her doubting that anyone will even read this far...and I'm wondering how I'm going to make it all the way to 100.

83. When I was in 5th grade, I prayed that I would have to get glasses- and I did. Now I wish I had kept my mouth shut.

84. I'm not that blind, but I'm so uncomfortable without my glasses that I wear them 24 hours a day. I do take them off to shower, but I wear them when I sleep. It bothers Levi if he sees me with them off.

85. I love to wear blue jeans.

86. I'm cold-natured and used to sleep with an electric blanket in summer. I'm not that bad anymore, but I still stay bundled up at night.

87. I hope our neighborhood doesn't change too much because I love my house and want to stay here a long time.

88. I homeschool my cousin Jasmine. I worry about her like she's my own.

89. I love to hear Levi talk. He's more intelligent than most people think!

90. I want to be the PTA president wherever Addi, Levi, and Lila go to school. I know that's dorky.

91. I've received lots of awards in my life, but I've never been more proud than when Addi got "Most Outstanding Player" in softball this year.

92. I wish more couples at church had small children.

93. I also wish we had an attended nursery at church.

94. I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate putting it away.

95. I don't like strong perfume.

96. I kind of wish I hadn't cut my hair last time. It was nice being able to put it in a ponytail.

97. I fear something happening to Paul or the kids. I don't know if I would be strong enough to make it through.

98. I wish I talked less and listened more.

99. I love Grey's Anatomy but I'm mad that they fired Isaiah Washington.

100. I hope someone reads this and that all my friends do a 100 list about themselves!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Okay this is scary. I have been working on my list and some of the ones on my list are word for word on your list. I am up in the 70's but haven't had much time to work on it. I am hoping to post it soon. I have been a blogging fool lately! :0) I loved your list but it is hard to make it to 100, isn't it? See you tonight.

Crystal said...

Your list is very good. I, too, have been contemplating on doing my own list but 100 scares me. Maybe I need to just write 1 or 2 here and there until my list is complete. Good idea Katie! :o)

Granna said...

I love you- your list made me cry. When we get back from vacation, I will gladly keep the kids so that you can have a "date". I will also keep Levi on Sat. while Paul tutors.

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

Im so impressed that you did the 100 and I read everyone of them! lol I agree 100% with several of them especially your outlook on beans! lol I will work on my 100...expect it around the time Bayley turns 5. lol

Emily said...

I enjoyed reading your list. i believe I will start one, too. Jared and I would love to watch Levi! Just ask!!! Jared loves seeing Levi at church because he always says hey or waves at him or talks mumbo jumbo which Jared thinks is funny because we all know Levi speaks well when he wants to!

Anita Lynn Tidwell said...

I agree with you on alot of those 2 kim...and guess what I think the Mccarty's may have made the church decision...See you tonight...

Paul said...

Awwww. How sweet.

Just for the record, I've only had one fender bender with a parked car. That probably doesn't good though.

Rachel said...

Ok, was #28 necessary? Even if I wanted to move away, don't you know that you would be the one thing keeping me here? I love you!!!!