Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Seems like a long day...

I don't have anything too interesting to post today. Today has seemed very long!! A few of us from church sang at Chandler's funeral today and that was really draining. I tried to just not think about what was going on until after we finished singing. Managed to make it pretty good considering. I had never been to a funeral for an infant before. It was a little overwhelming. I could not help but feel a little guilty by thinking of how blessed I am. I have been blessed beyond measure with two beautiful, healthy children. Lord willing, we will be blessed again in about 10 weeks. Please continue to remember us in your prayers. Today was a vivid reminder of how fleeting life can be. We should treasure every minute.
On a happier note, we enjoyed the devotional at Mom and Dad's tonight. There was singing, food, and swimming. I got to hear the singing from another room (Levi wasn't in the best of moods for sitting still tonight). It's always nice to enjoy fellowship with our Sylvan Springs family. And as an added bonus, we got to see Bayley for a few minutes!!! She is so tiny and so sweet!! We can't wait for her to be able to be with us at church all the time. I can't wait for Lila to meet her! I know they will be so close in age that they will be "best buds."
Well, that's all for now. Since it's after midnight I suppose I might oughta go to bed!
I'll try to do a little better about updating. Paul begins sanding our hardwoods tomorrow. More about that later....

1 comment:

Thomas_McCarty said...

you are right it was a long day for me too